Horacio Sosa is an attorney at Wild, Felice & Partners, P.A. Mr. Sosa has vast experience in estate planning, elder law, real estate law, and business law. He graduated cum laude from Universidad Católica de Asunción Law School in Asuncion, Paraguay in 1992 and began his legal career immediately upon graduation at Paraguayan law firm Peroni, Sosa, Tellechea, Burt & Narvaja. He also worked as an In-House Counsel for a wireless telecommunication carrier.
In 1996 he was awarded a Fulbright scholarship and obtained an LLM degree for foreign lawyers from the University of Minnesota Law School. In 2001 he obtained the Juris Doctor degree from William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota. Upon graduation, he was admitted to the Minnesota Bar (inactive status) and later, in 2002, to the Florida Bar.
Mr. Sosa has solid experience in the following areas:
- Basic and Complex Estate Planning for residents and non-resident aliens, including drafting and funding of revocable living trusts and irrevocable trusts, drafting of wills, durable powers of attorney, health care surrogates, and living wills;
- Medicaid Planning, including drafting and funding of qualified income trusts, drafting of personal services contracts, and submission of Medicaid applications;
- Asset Protection;
- Special Needs Trusts;
- VA Planning, including preparation and submission of VA applications;
- Representing heirs, personal representatives, and guardians in probate and guardianship proceedings.
- Business Transactions such as formation, governance, restructuring, dissolution, and liquidation of all types of business entities in Florida (corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability limited partnerships, limited liability companies);
- Drafting of operating instruments (bylaws, operating agreements, and partnership agreements);
- Shareholder’s Agreements and Buy-Sell Agreements;
- Commercial Transactions such as mergers and acquisitions and franchising and distribution agreement, joint ventures, strategic alliance, etc.
- Represents buyers and sellers in real estate transactions;
Horacio Sosa is a member of the following organizations:
- Florida Bar (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section and Elder Law Section)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (AFELA)
- American Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Elder Counsel